Monday 27 February 2012

Finishes and fireplaces

The external finishing of the new branch continues at a brisk pace! Every time I drive by, I can see more cladding and masonry completed.  In January, many people expressed to me their concerns that the building was not going to be finished on time by spring (despite my reassurances), but as the outside looks more and more finished, I'm now hearing excitement from nearly everyone I meet!

Here are a few recent photos taken from inside the building:
The fireplace in the children's department 

The fireplace in the New & Popular area, just inside the front door.  The two fireplaces are almost back-to-back, but function independently.

 The second floor, looking to the southeast.  Imagine shelving, seating, carpeting and suspended lighting in place in just over two months!



No comments:

Post a Comment